OK~ Here's my top five reasons on how you know if you are a TRUE Iowan!
- You recognize the difference between a corn field and a soy bean field AND maybe even recall the days of walking beans!
- You realize that our public schools are in financial craziness (You have actually read your property tax bill)
- You can relate to " Deer Magnet" that recently made the national news. Too many of these crazy things running around, personally; I DISLIKE them on the hood of my car!
- You know what a "tractor" ride is and maybe even participated
- When someone says, "Yeah, I know where Iowa is" and they say, "Oh yeah, Ohio, where they grow the potatoes!"~ You just smile and let it go!
With another Iowa State Fair upon us~ a great tradition in itself~ we Iowans are proud to say we live in Iowa~ great place to raise our kids~ but, I honestly can't say it's a great place to stay! Economically our state needs to get it together. Young adults graduating from college are leaving the state faster than you and I can say, "IOWA." Our family farms are fading, with this goes a way of life~ I see this daily..........What to do, what to do......After All, It's All In a Mom's Day, Right?