My recommendations of how to keep back pain manageable with the least amount of medications.
- Walk 5-6 days a week for at least 30 min. on a treadmill
- Lift some weights that focus on strengthening your back & stomach
- Leg lifts on a regular basis
- Flexing my right foot on an exercise ball to keep those tendons working properly ( A dropped foot means you have to work a little harder with each step you take).
- Do some of the "funny" looking exercises at home that a physical therapist has probably shared with you, they do help.
I still laugh about the day the lady at the YMCA seriously thought our family should participate in the Triathlon....She really doesn't understand how hard it is to press on to get where I am~ Gotta love the fact that I must give effort~ She sees it!
If I can do this regimen on a regular basis, anybody can! It's up to you to make it happen. Believe me, I have some really great days and some really tough days~ but I get through them. By setting goals and knowing that in order to be hiking, I need to keep my back strong! So, if you have back issues, I'm here to show you that there is hope. Push yourself a little bit and see where you can go! After All, It's All In a Mom's Day, Right?